Thursday, February 11, 2010

Das ist mein team!!!

So I almost never watch the Olympics, ever. It's not that I find them boring I just find them pointless. No one plays for national pride anymore they play for fame and cash, and some even get endorsements. So I thought, this is only the case in the major sports and huge countries. That's when I had a brainstorm! I'm gonna watch the Olympics and throw my support behind a random tiny country!


My selection process was pretty simple, get a list of the small countries participating and draw a name out of a hat. Ingenious right? So who was the lucky winner of my undying and fanatical support? The great country of Liechtenstein! Population 32,000... Small enough to be an underdog but I was a little concerned because technically they're German speaking people, how would they possibly understand me? It's ok though because they're my team now and it's time to do some research. Crap...the last time they won ANYTHING in the winter Olympics was in 1980 and 1984... Well lets just see what events they're competing in shall we? Alpine Skiing and Bobsleigh...that's it? Ok Bobsleigh it is then, my support will be with Lichtenstein bobsleigher Jürgen Berginz and his crazy team of...well they're going down a mountain in a metal sled at breakneck speeds... winter olympics suck...


So my country is picked and my team is set, the game is on! I hope to see this flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg flying proudly when the dust settles!


I will update this thread after the olympics so I can come back and gloat on the greatness that was Lichtenstein!


Update: So they sucked, but that won't deter me from future predictions or support!

4 comments:

  1. We'll see who the last one standing is when the dust settles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I LOVE the Winter Olympics! They are CRAZY! Luge and Bobsledding, Snowboarding and the unpredictable Short track! Crazy people doing crazy things! Even Curling, for heaven's sake, where grown men stop and ponder an 8 pound rock, sliding over ice and sweep that ice in a frenzy of competitive spirit in crazy pants. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...Josh...how did that bobsledding work out for lickedandsucked?

    ReplyDelete