Monday, January 11, 2010

NATGEO BABY!

I used to be subscribed to about... oh 10 different magazines up until about 3 years ago then i finally decided that there's enough information out there i don't really need 4000 magazines. But today National Geographic hit a home run with me in this subscription offer they sent in the mail, i could hardly contain myself.

Not only did they offer me a year of the magazine for $12 but they threw in a world map!

Hot damn! No more getting lost trying to find the Congo for this guy again, now i'll know exactly how to chart my way to the farthest reaches of the world and back again! With a cheap NatGeo mag i can afford to go big game hunting in Australia or even (dare i say it) SWIM THE GANGES...


Lots of possibilities abound for me thanks to the wonderful people of National Geographic, i can hardly contain my enthusiasm to read about the tribal people of the amazon, The AMAHUACA, and possibly visiting them without getting eaten by Giant Anacondas. Dodging the arrows of native skull hunters and blowing up the river boats of the local Cartels. I feel like Nathan Drake about to go on an adventure of a lifetime!

Yes, the only thing stopping me now is the enormous amount of debt i'm still in and my actual lack of knowledge of basic wilderness survival techniques. But give me just $24 worth of time and i'll obtain the knowledge and have at least two world maps and i'll be on my way!

For those of you who are jealous i challenge you to get your NatGeo world map and join me in imagining a new future...why the hell not!

No comments:

Post a Comment